Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Funny Realization of the Week

The boys have been fighting a lot lately. Really fighting. Pulling each other to the floor, hitting (well their version of hitting) & just being mean to each other a lot. Well Monday morning the boys were fighting over a toy. Evan had been playing with it & Ethan decided he wanted to play too. Evan didn't want to play with Ethan & told him No several times & Ethan wouldn't listen. Ethan tried to take the toy away & Evan bit him. He actually had Ethan's entire thumb in his mouth. So I took the toy away, checked on Ethan & Evan got in trouble. A little while later after they'd both calmed down & stopped crying, Evan climbed up on the couch to sit between Ethan & I. He looked at Ethan & told me "he bites." I kept looking at him & saying, "No, he didn't bite you, you bit him." I don't know what made it click but after the tenth or so time that he said it, I looked at Ethan again & realized that Evan (who has never sucked his thumb or wanted a pacifier) thinks that Ethan is biting himself when he sucks his thumb. I tried to explain to Evan that he wasn't biting himself but I don't think that he had a clue what I was talking about. It was cute either way.

No comments: