Monday, December 1, 2008

December already???

I can't believe it's December already! It seems like this year has completely flown by. I can't believe that my boys are about to be 2 and 4. Time to start getting ready for Christmas and Evan's birthday. I have all the invites ready, but haven't mailed them out because I keep forgetting to buy stamps.

We had such a busy week last week, or I did at least. Since my work was closed on Thursday and Friday, I worked late on Monday & Tuesday & then went in during the day on Wednesday. Plus, there was grocery shopping, cooking, and cleaning that all had to be done before Thursday. I took on making a carrot cake & stuffing from scratch for the first time. The cake was wonderful. I actually just ate the last piece a little bit ago. HEHE. The stuffing was okay. The recipe called for 2 whole onions and it ended up being entirely too much. So we had dinner with my parents at our house before heading down south for dinner with Erik's parents that night. Erik even let us use the Thai flatware that we got from Rooster for the first time. Hurray! I really like having part of it here. It made it so easy with the boys. Next year, we'd like to have everyone at our house, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

On Friday, I braved the crowds and went shopping with my dad. I made a list of what I wanted from the stores and went in on a mission. We were at Walmart before 4:30 & then Target in line to get in at 5:15 & back home by 6:30 (this is only impressive if you note that Target didn't actually open until 6). We made a stop after Target but due to some convenient advertising techniques I didn't get what I wanted from Office Depot. It wasn't a Christmas present anyway so I don't really care. All said I saved a little over $100 by going out and shopping then instead of waiting, which means the kids will get to have more presents to open. I was able to finish all of my shopping for Ethan and Erik & just need to grab a few things for Evan still... granted, I have to decide what that's going to be.

The rest of the weekend went well also. We watched movies on Friday afternoon/evening and then my parents left on Saturday morning. Erik & I stayed up together (since I'd been crashing out on him all week even though I'm usually up later than him these days) & all in all it was a great break. This week is more running. My boss and coworker that normally do the same thing I do, are both going to be out part of this week. Since it is closeout, it's bad timing, but there really wasn't a choice, so I'll be trying to get in some extra hours the rest of the week to keep us caught up. Then on Friday is Erik's work Christmas Party. Erik's mom is coming to watch the boys, so we should be able to have a nice adult evening.

1 comment: