Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Couch Potato

Today is a week that I’ve been anchored to the couch.  I had arthroscopic knee surgery last Tuesday & tomorrow is my post op follow up appointment where hopefully the doctor will release me to drive & go back to work.  Of course, I’m more excited about one than the other.

Let’s see what’s been going on in our lives… Ethan is in 1st grade now & does well in school for the most part.  We haven’t had any behavioral issues in quite a while so that’s nice.  Evan is in Pre-K at the daycare now. I can’t believe that they’ll both be in school next year. It seems like the last 5 years have flown by. They are constantly growing and changing. Evan had his 5 year appointment the day before my surgery & we found out that he’s right at the 50th percentile for his age. 42 lbs & 42 7/8 inches. I’ll have to measure Ethan’s height, but I’d guess that he’s a few inches taller than Evan & when he weighed himself on his birthday he was 47 lbs. He won’t have his annual appointment until later in the year.

The boys are looking forward to spending Spring Break with Mamaw & Papa & going to the zoo & we’re all looking forward to summer vacation. Evan still doesn’t understand time frames & that tomorrow isn’t summer, so we don’t talk about it with him too much.  He’s still convinced that it’s almost his birthday (& Christmas) since Ethan has had his birthday. It’s pretty silly sometimes. :) They’re adorable either way.

There isn’t much else that’s been going on with us. Just working & hanging out at the house with the little people.

No comments: